The following is a list of foods that can help you lose weight and be healthier:
- Steak - Protein-rich food such as steak helps you retain muscle mass. It contains proteins which our body absorbs and utilizes for growth. In order to burn enough calories and lose weight, it is important to keep our metabolism high enough by maintaining our levels of lean muscle mass.
- Eggs - Eggs are protein-rich foods that can help build muscle and reduce weight. Eggs are also more filling than other food, making us eat lesser amounts later on. They also contain higher quality proteins than proteins found in meat, milk, or fish. One problem with eggs is that many people think they have too much cholesterol. However, recent researches have been made saying that eating eggs don't contribute much cholesterol to our body.
- Oats - Oats are good for losing weight because they are one of the most filling foods, they digest slowly, and unlike other carbohydrates, they have little impact on blood sugar. For a more filling type of oats, you may try the steel-cut and rolled oats since they contain more fibers per serving. The fiber in oats also prevents fat and cholesterol from being absorbed by our body.
- Fish - Fish is a good source of proteins, making it good food for building muscle mass. It also keeps our heart healthy and reduces fat. The omega-3 fatty acids present in fish is responsible for building and maintaining muscle, and which is known to help manage heart disease. Salmon and sardines are a great source of proteins and omega-3 fatty acids.
- Apples - Apples are good for preventing heart disease, good for weight loss, and controlling cholesterol. The amount of fiber in apples makes them very filling. These fibers are responsible for reducing cholesterol by preventing reabsorption. The antioxidants they contain help prevent the risk of developing heart disease and other cancers such as colon cancer and prostate cancer.
- Chili - Spicy food naturally speeds up our metabolism. A compound found in chilis, called capsaicin, raises our body's temperature and helps make our body burn calories at a faster rate. Use chilis in many of your meals to increase your metabolism and reduce weight faster.
- Yogurt - Plain yogurts are considered by dietitians as a perfect food. This is because yogurts have as much potassium as a banana, and as much proteins as an egg. Yogurt also contain more calcium than that found in milk. The live bacteria found in yogurt also helps in digestion and protects against other harmful bacteria.
- Avocado - Avocados are known to have higher amounts of fats than most other fruits. They contain monosaturated fats - the types of fat that are good for your heart and increases satiety. Avocados help lower cholesterol levels, and also known to promote healthy skin and hair. They also have more potassium than bananas.
- Olive oil - like avocados, olive oil is rich in healthy fats that easily makes us feel fuller. Instead of using vegetable oil in frying food, try substituting it with olive oil, for a much healthier option.
If you are serious about losing weight but want a wider selection of food to eat, just remember the following guidelines:
- Eat protein-rich food. The more proteins you eat, the more muscle mass is build. The more muscles, the more calories your body burns. Steak, eggs, and fish are all muscle building foods.
- Eat fibrous food. Fibrous food like oatmeal and apples are more filling and prevent the body from absorbing fats and cholesterols. All fruits and vegetables may also be categorized as fibrous foods, plus, they contain lots of nutrients.
- Not all fats are harmful to your health. The ones which are not are mono saturated fats, the rest add up to your waist. If you are eating fried food, use olive oil instead.
- Eat more frequently. If you eat three times a day, change it to five times a day, in moderate amounts. This will help speed up your metabolism more.
- Steve's Zushi -